This program allows one to move a motor, set output bits and read
input and output bit states.
Launch the program by either
- selecting the item Engineering >
Move/read stages from the LRIS workspace menu,
- typing the following command at the lrisserver
To use this program, one must first determine which terminal
server and terminal sever port to which the controller is
connected. See the online list of
controllers, servers and ports. Then enter the terminal
server name and port number in the appropriate entry box.
Possible actions are:
- Read Bits
Click READ to read the states of the
I1, I2 and
- Set Bits
To set output bits, enter the correct bit pattern in the entry box
above and click on the SET button.
- Move Motor
After setting the output bits as needed to select the motor,
enter the distance in motor microsteps in the appropriate
entry box. Click MOVE to send the
MOVE command to the controller.
You want to send the M1 stage of the movable guider to the
- From checking the port
list, you see that the settings for this stage are:
- Terminal server: tsred
- Port: 3015
- API unit: 3
- Output bits to select motor: 00001111
- Type telnet tsred 3015 at the Unix prompt.
- Type :3 to select the unit that controls the
- Type CTRL-] and enter quit to exit
the telnet session.
- Enter tsblue in the TSName entry box.
- Enter 3015 in the Port entry box.
- Enter 10000000 in the Distance entry
- Enter 00001111 in the Outputs entry
- Click the SET button to set the
- Click the MOVE button to send