The LRIS Slitmask Imaging Tool will acquire direct
images of your slitmasks for use in performing afternoon
calibration of the slitmask alignment software and for
verifying your slitmask designs. Follow these instructions to
- Launch the tool from the desktop menu by
selecting LRIS Utilities --> Slitmask
- Under DICHROICS, select the
dichroic you plan to use for observing the masks at night.
Each dichroic shifts the image slightly on the detector, so
it's best to select the dichroic you plan to use for mask
alignment (generally the one you will use for spectroscopy).
- Under SLITMASKS, de-select all
masks you don't want to calibrate. All “user masks”
are by default selected.
- Under BINNING, select either
1×1 or 2×2 binning mode for the
exposures. Generally we recommend using 2×2
binning to save time.
- Click GO to acquire images of
the selected masks. The script will:
- Save the current instrument configuration.
- Configure the blue side of LRIS for direct imaging.
- Turn on an internal lamp.
- For each mask, acquire a direct exposure through the mask.
- Restore original configuration and extinguish lamp.