- Submit your VSQ Reservations
- Create starlists
- Prepare finding charts
- Contact SA if you will be using remote observing
- Submit your VSQ reservation form.
Please see the Lodging
Reservation Request form for your run. This should be completed
two weeks before your run. If you will be using a mainland osberving
site for remote observations, please read see the policies for remote
- Create a starlist. Please see the starlists documentation for the
format of the star lists.
- Don't forget about the Nasmyth deck limits which prohibit
observing at certain airmasses. The Nasmyth deck limits are different
on Keck I and Keck II. Please review the Telescope
info web page to determine the limits.
- A planning tool is available at: TBD that can tell you when
targets are available during the night.
- Prepare finding charts. We recommend
that you create finding charts for all of your intended target fields.
Finding charts should cover an area of the sky slightly larger than
the instrument or guider field-of-view.
- Remote Observing
You will need to contact the remote observing coordinators at Keck four weeks
in advance if you intend to remotely observe or
eavesdrop. To view the policies on mainland observing or to
find out who to contact to make a request, please see the
Observing web documentation.