- Log into an HQ machine as dmoseng.
- Go to directory
- Edit the script do_measure_spots, adding new
lines to measure the desired images.
- Launch IDL with start.idl61
- Go to proper directory via:
- Measure spots via:
IDL> .run do_measure_spots
- Edit the script do_compute_offset.pro and add
lines as needed to compare images taken before and after
- Measure offsets via:
IDL> .run do_compute_offset
Results are printed both to the terminal and the logfile
- If there were no relative shift or rotation between the
image, one would find the measured parameters dx,
dy, and angle were all zero. Note
- Shifts of under 5 px are probably OK.
- Shifts of 5-10 px may be OK, esp. in the Y direction.
- Shifts of >10px in dx may be a problem.
- Rotation of 0.01 px corresponds to 1.4 px over the
8192 px width of the mosaic.