The DEIMOS Slitmask Imaging Widget will rapidly acquire direct
images of your slitmasks for use in performing afternoon
calibration of the slitmask alignment software and for
verifying your slitmask designs. Follow these instructions to
- Launch the tool from the OpenWindows pulldown menu by
selecting DEIMOS Utilities > Slitmask
- Configure the spectrograph with your primary grating.
- Under SLITMASKS, click on the
names of all masks to be observed using this grating.
- Click GO to acquire images of
the selected masks. The script will:
- Save the current instrument configuration.
- Set to zeroth order (unless the mirror is selected).
- Close the front hatch.
- Insert the R filter (or warn if it could not
- For each mask, acquire a 2-second direct exposure
using the Xe lamp for illumination.
- Restore original configuration and extinguish lamp.
- If a secondary grating will be used, repeat the previous
steps using the other grating.