Observing modes offered for science
1. Low risk:
2. Medium risk:
- Target <60" from TT reference (with PA restrictions for r>30";
AO Guide Star Tool page).
- TT reference R<19.5 in VA mode.
This works for on-axis science, where the TT reference is the science target.
- TT reference R<17.0 in PA mode,
if pupil rotation is <2°/min.
- Dithering over up to a 40" box
(no faster than every 2 min).
3. High risk:
- TT reference 17.0<R<19.0 in
PA mode, if pupil rotation is
- Observations which require <15 mas positioning accuracy on the science detector.
Observations which do not meet the requirements of the two above categories
are considered high risk. Please
contact us by email or phone if you have questions regarding a particular